Love Languages: Receiving Gifts
On the self-help aisles of bookstores across North America, there is no shortage of topics related to the philosophy of love and relationship. Among them, The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate by Gary Chapman. The book outlines five ways to express and experience love between romantic partners which Chapman describes as “love languages.” This week our hosts explore and share their views on the fourth love language: receiving gifts.
In this episode
- Discovering where receiving gifts falls on your own list of love languages
- How to set expectations about receiving gifts in a relationship
- Potential challenges for giving and receiving gifts in a relationship
- Ideas for providing your partner with gifts
- How gifts can evolve in a relationship — is it ever too early to give a gift?
- How to improve yourself when it comes to giving and receiving gifts within your relationship